Dear patrons, sponsors, advertisers, and well-wishers: We thank you for your continued support, our group will continue to present performing arts events in the DMV and we need your input in helping us to determine the best venues to use.
Here is an issue facing us and we think that you can help us in making a decision.
We are able to present our events at:
- Cramton Auditorium @ Howard University
- The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center @ the University of Maryland, College Park
- The UDC Theater of the Arts @ the University of the District of Columbia
- Carl J. Murphy Fine Arts Center, at Morgan State University in Baltimore
- KRAUSHAAR AUDITORIUM @ Goucher College, in Baltimore
- The Fine and Performing Arts Center (FPAC) at Bowie State University
We are also able to present our events at:
- Eleanor Roosevelt High School, in Greenbelt, Maryland
- High Point High School in Beltsville, Maryland
- The Kennedy High School in Silver, Spring, Maryland
- The Blair Theater @ Montgomery Blair High School in Silver Spring, Maryland
The cost difference to rent any of the above venues is not great and would not necessarily cause us to choose one over the other. The sound and stage quality at all the venues are excellent. There are differences in access to backstage and other visual placements, however, these differences are of minor concern to presenters, performer, or patrons.
Here is the point at issue
Our experience has caused us to believe that patrons who support events that we produce and present must have food during intermission, and at times before intermission. In all the venues listed in section 1, food & refreshment products can only be sold by hospitality companies contracted by the venue management. The products that these companies sell are great, however, patrons prefer to have Caribbean food (Jerk Chicken, Oxtail, Bun & cheese, Patties, etc.) which are not products that these companies sell.
The venues listed in section 2 are more amenable to us providing food & refreshments which are more welcomed by patrons at events which we produce and present.
So our question is:
Where would you prefer to enjoy another event that we produce and present?
We thank you for your response. You may also send us comments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org